The Dance of the Decades (DOD) Coordinators, Megan Smith and Sean Ducey, and I are heading to the Crystal Ballroom tomorrow afternoon to complete a site visit to check out what we're going to plan with the space.
This year, we are basically renting out the whole building. The Crystal Ballroom is located on the third floor and is traditionally used for hosting DOD. We're also renting out Lola's Room on the second floor. Tomorrow, we'll decide what this space will look like on the night of the dance. Ideas have been floating around for a place for the CPB volunteers to hang out and to hold our supplies or a place to hold a legit coat check, since that's usually located upstairs on the dance floor. By moving the coat check down into Lola's Room, we'll be able to open up some of the space where registration will take place. But everything is tentative at the moment...
Last night during Espresso UP, I had a meeting with Sean. We were very productive, and I'm glad we're on top of things with only about one and a half months until the big event! We turned in an ADvantage form to get some advertising up and running by the time we return in January. I also handed off the reigns for ticket making. It was somewhat uplifting because I was delegating work to one of my coordinators, but simultaneously, I'm somewhat sad because I'm usually in charge of making the tickets. I'm sure Sean will do an amazing job though! We also discussed the music playlist and how we're going to add decade songs to the Homecoming list. It should be good.
Speaking of the music, we'll be meeting with the DJ during the first week of January to make the list exactly how we want it. I hope we can make people happy with the music because there were some complaints last year about the type of music he played. NOTE TO READERS: If you have any suggestions, please let me know! :)
I'm really excited for this dance! It's one of our biggest events of the year. It's a huge costume party, and everyone loves to get dressed and boogie! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment